When it comes to investing in IRA coins or bullion, not all coins or bullion are approved. That’s because the IRS has placed strict purity rules and requirements and rightly so. Therefore, all coins and bullion approved, are those who meet the strict IRA rules. The IRA approved gold, should have a purity grade of at least 0,995, for silver 0,999, for platinum 0,9995 and 0,9995 for palladium.
Gold IRA approved
- 1-American gold eagle coins
- 2-American gold buffalo coins
- 3-Australian gold kangaroo nugget/coins
- 4-Austrian gold philharmonic coins
- 5-Canadian gold maple leaf coins
- 6-Credit Suisse golden bars
- 7-Johnson Matthey gold bar
- 8-Valcambi gold combi bar
Silver IRA approved
- 1-American silver eagle coins
- 2-Australian kookabarra silver coins
- 3-Austrian Philharmonic silver coin
- 4-Canadian silver maple leaf coins
- 5-Mexican silver libertad coins
- 6-Johnson Matthey silver bar
- 7-Royal Canadian silver bar
Platinum IRA approved
- 1-American eagle platinum coins
- 2-Australian koala platinum coins
- 3-Canadian maple leaf platinum coins
- 4-Isle of man noble coins.
Palladium IRA approved
- 1-Canadian palladium maple leaf coins
- 2-Russian ballerina palladium coins
- 3-Baird palladium bars
- 4-Credit Suisse palladium bars.
Gold must be stored in an IRS approved depository. In particular, investors do not have to stash gold bars or coins in their homes or closets.
Reasons to Invest in Gold and Silver
There are several reasons to invest in gold. The most important are:
- To protect and preserve wealth from unexpected events.
- A hedge when the stock market is not expected to do well.
- Portfolio diversification.
- The weak dollar
- Loss of confidense in central banks
- Geopolitical uncertainty (Middle East, Brexit, ISIS, North Korea, Hong Kong.)
- The US China trade war.
- The covid-19 triggered recession
Should I Include Gold in my Retirement Plan?
Gold is the type of investment that can protect when times are hard and at the same time will also offer significant gains to your nest egg. Back in 2001, an ounce of gold cost $271,00. Ten years later it reached $1896,00, an increase of almost 700%. During that time, banks and currencies collapsed, the real estate market collapsed, but the price of gold didn’t. In particular gold fed from these calamities, it was the rediscovered idol, in the time when everything else collapsed, from mortgages, stocks, credit default swaps, and derivative products, all was too complicated to even understand.
As you can see, a standard IRA, an IRA invested totally in stocks bonds and other funds, is actually putting your hard earned money at risk. You are relying on government, weak currencies, economies and large corporations. Gold and silver can actually safeguard your investment.
Investing in a gold-precious-metals IRA requires certain experties. A small mistake could cost thousands of dollars.
Before making a major investment decision it is a good idea to read reviews, do your own research and consult a professional that can guide you with any questions you might have.